Page 85 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: IR News and Other Titbits

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    kamal statements before movie release - take it with pinches of salt.
    Himesh tune like MSV? Ofcourse, ketkaradhukku munnadi comment panna koodadhu. But someone whose idea of catchy is repetitive ABC-phrases (Junoon, Junoon, Junnoon, Junnon, repat 1-4, Junooooooon) HAS to be incapable of a decent tune. Adhellaam sudden-a kalidas maadhiri kalaivani arul-la ore naalula arivu ellam vandhudaaddhu.

Kamal April 1 annikku idhai sonnara? Or, maybe it IS a MSV -Tune - appadiye sutta pazhama irukkum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Digression
    Plum, sometime back Kumudam wrote after hearing some samples of 10A that it has some 'mirattal' violin arrangements hitherto unheard in TFM I'm waiting to hear the songs before commenting on that claim. My personal opinion is there are a lot of extra area in vioin usage that TFM - especially Raja - has covered compared to HFM. We need to wait and see for this mirattal.

Now they have also added this claim of melody comparable to MSV's (why they left KVM?). One more thing to wait and comment for. At least here the claim is not something 'beyond anything ever heard in TFM' which is good!
    End-Digression

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    guys - my few cents abt 10A music: I think Kamal's knowledge of music is much more than lil guys like Himesh - even IR said in his music show 'Andrum endrum' that Kamal is capable of making music himself!

by all means, kamal wud have cajoled Himesh into using some string samples and wud have even given the base tune for Himesh to build upon!

for Avvai Shanmugi, the song 'kalyanam kutcheri' had violin samples completely ripped off note-by-note from a western classical piece - that time it was deva - but even for Deva to lift a Western classical piece, he wud have needed Kamal's knowledge! i doubt Deva knows the difference between baroque, classical or romantic era music forms!

just the same way he delegates most of his directorial work to ppl like KSR, Santhanabharathy etc, kamal wud hav delegated this work to Himesh but must hav had a major hand in how it shaped up!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Todays Ananda Vikatan cover photo has IR with Jayakanthan and inside you a beautiful write up of their knowing each other all these years.

dont miss it

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamesh, could you please post a gist of that info here ?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the AV writeup, IR asks JK why he had stopped writing.JK says,if i write anything now, that would mean i haven't written good stories before.

IR interrupts to say,"Neenga appadi ninaikalaam.Ennai eduthukondal,Naan isaiyil ithuvari perusa ethuvum seyyala.Inimaethaan puthumaiyana visayangal muyarchi seyyanum".

Jk replies,"Unga visayam vaera.Jananga ungakitta neraya ethir paarkiranga.Aana,Naan ezhuthina veedu puhunthu adippaanga..Athaan niruthitaaen."

Senior Member Regular Hubber itsmuls's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/apr-08-03/nanditha-19-04-08.html

Who bagged the role – Nanditha, Madhuri or Kajol?
    By Behindwoods News Bureau.
    April 19, 2008

Director Padmamagan’s offbeat film Ammuvaaghiya Naan with Parthiban and Bharathi in lead roles was well-received among movie buffs and critics. The talented director will soon be back in action with yet another film. For this forthcoming project, which is touted to be a children’s film, he has signed up child star Darsheel Safari of Taare Zameen Par fame.

Padmamagan had approached Nanditha Das, Madhuri Dixit and Kajol to play the lead role. While Madhuri and Kajol declined the offer due to call sheet issues, Nanditha is said to have accepted the offer.

Having elaborated about this venture to maestro Ilayaraja, the director is now awaiting a positive response from him. An official announcement is expected from the director shortly.

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems, Raaja Sir has asked a Director(Who has already done few documentaries on famous personalities), to complete a Documentary on Jayakanthan. Raaja sir as well composing the background for it.

News From "The Hindu"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Please go through the link below:

http://jeyamohan.in/?p=393

It says the awards function and the screening of docu on Jayakanthan would be held tomorrow (24th April) at 10 am at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mylapore. The docu CDs would be available for sale in the evening - the program starts from 4 pm onwards. This would be presided over by our ex-President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.

I think the entrance is open. I request those in Chennai to utilize this opportunity to see Maestro and also grab your copy of the docu CD. As this is not a commercial CD, we may not get it in the market later.

Please spread the words to our other IR-friends. Those who attend the function can please share the proceedings here.

Check this also: http://jeyamohan.in/?p=390