Page 55 of 149 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Western Movie you watched / watching recently.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.filmspotting.net/boards/i...p?topic=4444.0

-Good list up there. Disputable, as well.

Watched Wrestler recently. Aronofsky rocks. The scene where he comes out of the washroom + cheers in the background - . And, I very much liked the way it ended. He should win.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalafanz
    Changeling

Clint Eastwood’s mastery as a director, established over the past decade and a half with Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby, Letters from Iwo Jima, and others, continues with Changeling, a 2008 offering based on a shocking but all-too-true story about child abduction and police corruption in 1920s Los Angeles.

Sat on the edge of my seat. . . and cried for Christine Collins and what she had gone through. After seeing many movies this year, this is no doubt an Oscar winner, both for "Best Picture" and "Best Actress". Angelina Jolie was superb! Only a mother, could have played this part and she was amazing. She really captured how a mother might feel in such a devastating situation. I will keep my fingers crossed for her.

It is nothing short of enthralling. Clint Eastwood is the master storyteller of our time. Additionally, he's unique in that his movies always offer more in terms of unexpected plot twists. He leaves the moviegoer with the feeling they've watched MORE than just one film. His films are multi-layered. "Million Dollar Baby" turned out to be a different movie than most people thought it would be at face value. Likewise, "Changeling" falls into the same category.

Thank you, Clint, for bringing this gruesomely fascinating case to life. It's as complex as the Black Dahlia ever was. Powerful stuff.

P.S Groucho bro, have u watched it??? I would like to hear your take on this.
    OH, no man. Is it playing? I am actually waiting for Clint's Gran Torino. Reviews are fantastic. I will look for this one, for sure.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, it's playing in GSC and TGV here. Gran Torino - released???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet. First I thought they won't release it here, on the account that its a very small movie (five weeks shooting, very low budget) and is not markettable. Ana US-la pichikittu oduthaam. Should be making it here soon. The old man is at his peaklah. And he is only 78
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Not yet. First I thought they won't release it here, on the account that its a very small movie (five weeks shooting, very low budget) and is not markettable. Ana US-la pichikittu oduthaam. Should be making it here soon. The old man is at his peaklah. And he is only 78
    He should live longer. We need more classics from him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sleuth - Disappointing. Apart from Caine's earnest rendition of his original nemesis (played by Olivier in the original), and Law almost succeeds to fill Caine's shoes with his short little exercise in makeup, and accent - but panicky and rushed. Harold Pinter's "adaptation" is best watched before the original. Although it might take away the ingenuity of original. For one thing, the playing arena is cleansed out of laughs, mystique, and playfulness of the original. The dialogues were uninspiring and almost uttered to the audience nonchalantly, as in, "you knew already, so what the heck!". The exchanges were ought to be dramatic apparently. But nothing works. The original had its subtle innuendos, but Pinter obviously wants to ploy around 'em to engage the audience. Unfortunately that final act (and gay twist) didn't work much for me. The original's was masterful.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Chaser - Great serial killer movie, though it drags towards the end.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Get the DVD and listen to Mann's commentary. You'll get a feeling that he is more entranced with De Niro's performance. Awesome subtlety in contrast to Pacino's explosive outbursts. I like the line he where he tells Judd to give Chris (Kilmer) a chance, then "pack up, go home". No reaction, then again, with slight threatening note, "Pack UP, go home". What happened to this De Niro?
    Didn't like the movie. Regular American flick.

Watched Shutter (Thai version) alone. Few scenes did scare me. But, I have seen a couple of Tamil movies which are very similar to this one. No, not this class- The visuals of the movie are breathtaking, a few subtle repetitions show director's touch, music was awesome and the way it ended was too good(predictable though). eksArsist-ku ithu evvalavO thevalai.

Post Thanks / Like
    Felon Quite Good Better than expected
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ballad of Jack and Rose - Interesting film. It almost succeeds in setting out convincing lead characters (father and girl), and psychological complexities that arise out of their relationship by a self-inflicted alienation from the "other", the deprecating society (in Jack's eyes). That moment of "irresistible impulse" might not be well recieved in spite of the nuance of it. As you might sense, it's an ambitious film. And what's left to say about DDL that hasn't been said before? A master of his craft. His wife, Rebecca miller is a capable director. Camilla Belle is just lovely. Paul Dano, his fat half-brother, and Catherine Keener present interesting idiosyncrasies. There is much to clutch on, and feel for, in this lovely little Oedipus complex melodrama.