Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Global recognition for IR's music.......

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Wud like to know anybody listened to M.I.A... yes the same maya Arulpragasam who sung the "oh saaya" in SDM.
    Apparently one of her songs is influenced by "kaattukuyilu manasukkulla" from Thalapathi.. she even mentions the source in the album... wondering Raaja wud ever collaborate with such artists the way Rahman do....
    Way to go forward for him? or he is too conservative to use music for political purposes?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan
    Youtube launches its symphony orchestra.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus...0903031541.htm

Can some one pull IR in to it ?
    This is not for Shri.IR.
    Note the passage from the News.

The selected musicians, playing 26 different instruments, will travel from around the world to New York City to perform at Carnegie Hall April 15, under the direction of Michael Tilson Thomas, the San Francisco Symphony music director, YouTube said on its blog.

The so-called YouTube Symphony Orchestra will play Internet Symphony No. 1 "Eroica", a piece written by award-winning Chinese composer Tan Dun.

Before performing on the stage of Carnegie Hall, the winners will also participate in a three-day classical music learning summit to learn from today's masters
    Do you want him to be a player/musician in a symphony orchestra and play other's musical score?
    That is backward step.

Even though the process is over now, they have already selected the 90 musicians, I find the auditioning part a good opportunity.
    Auditioning by submitting two different videos- interpretation of Tan Dun composition and a talent video designed to show their musical expertise is attractive.

If he would have participated, even if they selected him, he need not have to accept to be a player in the orchestra but still he would have got an exposure.

I think Karthikraaja , Yuvan etc... all those young fellows can do all these thing.

we should leave Shri.IR alone.
    Let him be GRACIOUS.

Vinatha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    http://www.mfiles.co.uk/composers/Ilaiyaraaja.htm
    that's NEAT.

I am surprised to see Rahman's name in the article though some of you think Rahman is version - 2 of Shri.M.S.Viswanathan - he follows 'Shri.MSV school of Music'.

vinatha.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    JemO's Reply via mail!

நான் கையைத் தூக்கிவிடுகிறேன். எனக்கு இசை பற்றி ஒன்றும் தெரியாது. நான் சொன்னது ஒரு எளிய மனப்பதிவு. அதற்கு இசை அறிந்த ஷாஜி போன்ற சில நண்பர்களின் கூற்றுக்கள் உதவி புரிந்தன. எனக்கு ராஜாவின் இசையையும் ரஹ்மானின் இசையையும் ஒப்பிடும் தகுதியும் கிடையாது.
    நவீனத்துவம் என்ற சொல்லை நான் மீண்டும் மீண்டும் வரையறைசெய்திருக்கிறேன். நவீனத்துவம் நவீனம் இரண்டும் வேறு வேறு நவீன என்றால் புதியகாலகட்டத்தைச் சேர்ந்த என்று பொருள்படும். நவீனத்துவம் என்றால் சில குறிப்பிட்ட குணாதிசயங்கள் அதனுடன் இணைந்துள்ளன.
    நவீனத்துவம் 1. ஒருங்கிணைவும் ஒத்திசைவும் உள்ள படைப்புகளை உருவாக்கும். 2. ஒரே குரலில் ஒலிக்கும் ஆக்கங்களை உருவாக்கும் 3. ஒரு தனி மனிதனின் சுயத்தின் வெளிப்பாடாக இருக்கும்.
    இவ்வியல்புக்கு எதிரானது பின் நவீனத்துவம். அது 1. ஒத்திசைவுக்குப் பதிலாக பலதிசைகளிலும் விரியும் தன்மை கொண்ட ஆக்கங்களை உருவாக்கும் 2. பலகுரல்களின் கூட்டுவெளியாக, உரையாடல்தன்மை கொண்டதாக இருக்கும் 3. ஒரு தனிமனிதனின் சுயத்தை மட்டும் வெளிபடுத்தாது, அவன் ஓர் ஊடகமாகவே இருப்பான். அவன் வழியாக ஓர் காலகட்டம் வெளிப்பாடு கொள்ளும்

இலக்கியத்தில் சுந்தர ராமசாமி, அசோகமித்திரன் போன்றவர்களை நவீனத்துவர்கள் என்கிறோம். அவர்களின் பல இயல்புகளை பிறகு வந்த ஆக்கங்கள் விலக்கிக் கொண்டன
    ரஹ்மானின் இசையை பின் நவீனத்துவக் குணங்கள் கொண்டது என நான் சொன்னது இதன் அடிப்படையிலேயே. ராஜாவின் இசை எத்தனை விரிவானதாக இருந்தாலும் அது முழுக்கமுழுக்க ராஜாவால் மட்டுமே உருவாக்கப்பட்டு அவரது ஆளுமையை மட்டுமே வெளிப்படுத்தும் தன்மை கொண்டது. ஒரு இம்மி கூட பிறிதை அவர் அனுமதிப்பதில்லை
    என் கருத்து தவறானதாக இருக்கலாம் என்றும் ஒப்புக்கொள்கிறேன். நான் இதைச்சார்ந்து விவாதிக்கும் தகுதி கொண்டவன் அல்ல
    and Truce from my side
    பதிலுரைக்கு நன்றி மேலும் இதை பற்றி விவாதிக்க இயலாதவாறு செய்து விட்டீர்கள். விவாதம் செய்துதான் என்ன ஆகி விட போகிறது?!! ஆயினும் நவினத்துவம் - பின்நவீனத்துவம் பற்றிய தங்கள் விளக்கத்தை உள்வாங்கி கொண்டேன். யோசித்து கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RS,
    Seems like Jeyamohan has a valid explanation for calling Rahman , post-modern. BTW, my impression of Jeyamohan's comment was it was negative on Rahman and that he was using some appreciation "post-modernism" to "out" some "modus operandi" of Rahman !! But then again am a fan of IR's music and style (And again as somebody mentioned now that IR himself has appreciated Rahman,I now have the license to make fun of him )

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinatha,

I too think that Rahman's tunes are more closer to MSV's style of tuning than to Raja's style of tuning. I guess these are liberties taken by the press in calling Rahman as disciple of Illayaraja. I don't think it is true.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    Vinatha,

I too think that Rahman's tunes are more closer to MSV's style of tuning than to Raja's style of tuning. I guess these are liberties taken by the press in calling Rahman as disciple of Illayaraja. I don't think it is true.
    I dont tink dat Thalaivar's composition is closer to msv or illayaraja... He is unique in his own way...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kham
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    Vinatha,

I dont tink dat Thalaivar's composition is closer to msv or illayaraja... He is unique in his own way...
    Approved Wholeheartedly

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    arr just follows msv style in his melodies. i have observed this from his first film..from chinna chinna aasai all his melodies are basically msv s melodic phrases. later he was influenced by sd burman, nusrat fateh ali khan, hrudayaneth mangeshkar, rd burman and of course ir also.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast