Page 134 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1497

Thread: Ilaiyaraaja's Athiradi Albums Version 2009

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ananth222's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just heard Paa, what a wonderful album!!
    Loved "hichki hichki", what a funky youthful song! I don't buy this "southie sound" bs.. can't remember such a funky song in 7/8 in IFM, one of the picks of the album. Don't mind the repeated "mudi mudi" either, they all sound good.
    Only disappointment is "halke se bole". I always thought "putham pudhu kaalai" would make a wonderful hindi song in its original form... but was wasted here...
    I was also expecting more instrumental tracks , like in CK. Though Big B did a wonderful job in singing 'mere paa'...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ananth222
    Only disappointment is "halke se bole". I always thought "putham pudhu kaalai" would make a wonderful hindi song in its original form... but was wasted here...

but at the same time hindiwalas indha alavukkavathu intha tune-i ketka koduthu vachurukkangalE

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Previously I have said my hope about Paa which will top this years (IR) albums. Though I am little disappointed now (mainly because of PPK song usage) I still feel it may climb to top over PR. But still we can not compare PR with Paa since they sound like north pole and south pole to me. Interesting thing is both album have come from same brain . After first listen, I think Paa is powerful album than CK and it is catchier than PR too.

I could see Ilaiyaraja in AB's voice and yes it is reminding Jakkamma song also especially in singing style.

Raaja is still giving lessons how to compose music crafted with emotion, mood and feel. That is indeed phenomenal. Kangalil thanni varathathuthan kurai. Padathai pArtha athuvum vanthidumnu thonuthu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Paa -"http://sensongs.com/Paa.html"- Appap paa
    Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    K, thanks. I was about to google for it..

thx
    MSK

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Previously I have said my hope about Paa which will top this years (IR) albums..
    Naan Kadavul and Pazasi Raja are in My Top Spot for this year. Reasons- The Quality Of Music,Sound.
    Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    CK is a superior album, if I compare with pA i.e. without any reservations for/against reworking - may be the strength of Shreya factor and better choice of songs for reworking.

OTOH, the mudhi-mudhi number, which apparently is not a rework, works well in favor of pA Three versions of this on the disc is 3 much , fodder for those waiting to give a critical review, should have limited to 2

hitchki -hitchki may need to "grow on me", first listen gave a just-ok feel.

AOKK rework is fabulous, gives a very strong theme music!

thumbi vA / putham puthukkAlai reworks are so-so (interesting to see the multi-voice-tech covering up any deficiencies Bhava can showcase )

Good that IR let AB sing the title number and not himself, avoiding another usual complain about his singing. இப்போ என்ன பண்ணுவீங்க?

Overall, meets / exceeds the expectations, as they weren't very high BGM, going by the theme music chosen, will exceed any prior expectations with strong emotional content, IMO!

Marketing methods, general availability factor etc should make sure a decent reach of the music to the public. I'm sure mudhi-mudhi will be loved by all across the country. Should wait and see the response to others.

For me the year's best is PR

I just scanned through the Thamizh tracks briefly and was pleasantly surprised to see KSC doing 'kundRaththu' as well!

And the lyric sounded like simple translation, which is ok and should easily score well in TN!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Started listening to the MP3 version a couple of hours ago..

My first impressions..

#1. Mudi Mudi stands out..in all of the 3 versions.. nothing to say here.. IR excels in all areas.. the song being < 3 mins adds to the beauty making u want more.. Theere is probably a very strong reason for all 3 versions being under 3 mins.. But the way he has differentiated the 3 versions is simply superb.. not sure how Balki has set the visuals for these.. have to see the movie.. I liked the Male version too.

#2. Thumbi Vaa.. All i can say after a couple of listens is ( and this is the first time I am getting this feeling in a IR song ) the percussion backing is ...hmmm.. annoying !!!!! The brief interludes without the percussion backing sounds so nice mainly b'cos the annoyance is gone.. But the Thumbi vaa melody is so powerful that it somehow carries the song thru.. The Jazz touches in the interludes is mesmerizing... I only wish the percussion did not take a front seat in the entire song dimming the overall quality of the song. Plus the recording quality also i am not sure.. ( Hope it is the MP3 or my cheap Dell laptop speakers too )

#3. PPK re-hash: a very short peice ( 1.22 mins !! ).. not sure why again a short number - But again very noisy too me..and nostalgic SJ voice still rings in your mind to carry this peice.

#4. Hichki Hichki -- to me sounds very similar to some tamil/Telugu song and i can't place my finger on it ..

#5. The pathos song Mere paa is excellent.. need to listen more as i am still looped in the Mudi Mudi multiple versions..

Post Thanks / Like
    oh by the way, pre-lude of Gum sum gum has shades of Vikram Meendum Meendum ( Dharmavathy?) 0.18-0.24 - maybe the same instrument - what is it?

Cheers
    MSK

Post Thanks / Like
    To me.. Paa cannot even come near Pazhazzi Raja.. Talking of PR.. here is a interesting snippet from the blog ..

http://meedpu.blogspot.com/2009/11/blog-post_7419.html

அதோடு வழக்கமாக அவரது பாணியில் இருக்கும் இந்த ஒரு பாடலில் பொதிந்திருக்கும் அத்தனை இசை கூறுகளையும் அனுபவித்தால், அத்தனையும் தனி தனி இசை படிமங்கள் என்பது தெரியவரும். குறைந்தது 10 புதுப்பாடலுக்கான ஆதார மெலோடிகள் இருக்கும் பாடல். இதை இசையமைப்பாளர்களும் சீரியலுக்கு பின்னனி இசையமைப்பவர்களும் நன்றாக உணர்வார்கள். இதை இனம் காண்பதுதான் அவர்களின் வேலை, அவர்களின் தொழில் சார்ந்த தேவை. அவரின் இந்த ஆதார மெலோடிகள் விரைவி கிடக்கும் பாடல்களும் இசையும் அதிகம் நம்மிடையே வளம் வருகிறது. இந்த அம்சங்களையும் தேவைகளையும் உணர்ந்த மேலைநாட்டு கலைஞர்கள் சாம்பிள் எனப்படும் துணுக்கு இசைகளை வெளியிடுகிறார்கள். பெரும்பாலான நமது தமிழ் இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் இத்தகைய இசைகளைதான் இன்று பயன்படுத்துகிறார்கள். இளையராஜா லூபஸ் (Loops) மற்றும் சாம்பிள் (samples) என்ற வியாபர யுக்தி ஏற்கனவே எனது மனதில் ஓடிக்கொண்டிருக்கும் ஒரு விஷயம். இந்த மாதிரியான எனது தொழில் சார்ந்த ரகசியங்கள் என்னையும் மீறி வெளிவந்துவிடக்கூடாது என்பதாலேயே என் இசை அனுபவங்களை எழுதுவதை தவிர்த்தேன்.

----

Ivarukku Deva/Anand Milind enra MDs pathi theriyumo ? Avar perumpaalum ithai thaan seithaar

Cheers