Page 107 of 250 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    They said Padithurai will release in June. Exact date not announced. They have been releasing stills so far though.

Audio release should be anytime soon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/music/article434387.ece

Interesting article!

How do film songs help? “Artists appropriate film songs and make them vehicles for self-expression. If you take Ilayaraja's ‘Annakili' song, you will find that it is a sombre tune, sung at a slow pace. But I've heard naiyyandi melam troupes, who play the same tune in such a way that it becomes a light-hearted tune.”

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    <. Everything is done with a modern outlook but the soul remains intact. A gem of a song.>

Can't agree more.. been on repeat mode the last couple of days.. just came back to IR songs after a few months.. What a refreshing song..Haunting.. yet to listen to the other songs.. ( PAA effect is there a little bit whenever i hear the jazz touches right after the first saranam )..

Reminded me also of "Mellai onnu paadi " from the other Sathyan Movei ( manasinnakare? )

Cheers
    MSK

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MSK,

Nice to see you back. Yes. The PAA effect exists as rajaalltheway pointed out in his first review. The overall mood is definitely that of 'mellayonnu' (yes, 'manasinakkare') and 'swapnangal kannezhudiya'. Soft romantic numbers which give you a very nostalgic feeling. As if you have been taken back to a place where nothing wrong can happen!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nowadays I see the posters of the movie 'Nanavanu' in a few places in Bangalore. Not sure when this movie would be released. Given the general fate of most Kannada movies, there is nothing to look forward to in this movie. The songs, frankly, haven't caught the imagination of the people here. In case the movie runs a bit, you may get to hear the songs. I personally hear 'enidhu enidhu' and 'mudhalane baari' quite often. Excellent melodies. Whether they will reach the masses is the question.

Post Thanks / Like
    'gatha' could become the next IR venture in MF
    (Mohanlal, supposedly musical)

http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article439405.ece

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    Nowadays I see the posters of the movie 'Nanavanu' in a few places in Bangalore. Not sure when this movie would be released. Given the general fate of most Kannada movies, there is nothing to look forward to in this movie. The songs, frankly, haven't caught the imagination of the people here. In case the movie runs a bit, you may get to hear the songs. I personally hear 'enidhu enidhu' and 'mudhalane baari' quite often. Excellent melodies. Whether they will reach the masses is the question.
    Nannavanu is released yesterday(28 May) in quite a good number of theaters here in bangalore.

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    GOOD NEWS--According to Mathrubhoomi news paper dated 30-5-2010 acclaimed art house director Shaji.n.Karun has signed Ayya for his next Mohanlal starrer.BAD NEWS--Shajis last movie KUTTY SRANK starring Mammooty yet to see the light of the day other than various film festivals

Post Thanks / Like
    Snippet on 'padiththuRai'

Quote Originally Posted by sughA
    "நிச்சயமாக படித்துறையில் நடக்கும் கதை அல்ல இது. மூன்று அர்த்தங்களின் அடிப்படையில்தான் இந்த தலைப்பை வைத்திருக்கிறேன். தாமிரபரணி நதியோடும் நெல்லையில் நிகழ்கிற கதை என்பது ஒரு அர்த்தம். ஆறு ஓடிக்கொண்டே இருக்கும், மனிதர்கள் வந்து போவார்கள். ஆனால் படித்துறை மெளனசாட்சியாக அங்கேயே நிலைத்திருக்கும் என்பதும் மற்றொரு அர்த்தம். படித்துறை என்பது வாழ்வின் ஏற்ற இறக்கத்துக்கான குறியீடு என்ற வகையிலும் என் கதைக்கு பொருத்தமான தலைப்பாக இருக்கும்"

Post Thanks / Like
    app_eng,

Does he say anything about the movie release date or atleast the music release date?