Page 120 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1503

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagas
    I completely second you. I wont say that the sanctity of treating raagas(not me, but raagams ) .....
    raagams...raagas...

mmm..
    just this evening I was enjoying veena Gayathri's ethereal strings for Susheela solo...Sugamo aayiram......
    there is a wordplay by the lyricist Panju Arunachalam
    enai neeyum, unai naanum
    unarndhaalae adhu podhum
    adhuthaane panbhadu(பண்பாடு)
    adhai naalum pann paadu(பண் பாடு )
    thanks.

anyway..
    even this weekend there are two high profile concerts in our area- San jose.
    Grammy Winner Pt. Vishwa Mohan Bhatt concert.
    There is a violin duet by Kanyakumari and Embar Kannan.

vinatha.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the honest / straight talk of Raja. As always, he does not care to be politically correct and deviates from the norms of a sycophantic Tamil film industry speech! I'm sure as someone who is drenched in music, he can easily see the changing values in people using musical instruments & classical music. The man has been living music and is a lot closer to reality. As one hubber put it, he may not articulate his thoughts as calmly as SPB. He is always known for not sugar coating his words. I only wish people take note of the key message and forget the occasion & tone/choice of words.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    5. Raja can never compose the music he does were he to be a different and humble person
    Nachu!
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh,

What a Postji!

Sloshed,

why cant you be humble instead of asking Raaja to be?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    I would love to know their names. Especially the South Indian instrumentalists.
    Now this is the Challenge to all detractors here. dont come up with names like 'Guitar Prasanna', 'Mandolin Srinivas', 'Flute Navin' and the likes who are already well known and those whom Raaja also knows and had collaborated with.

The underlying emotion of Raaja's question was to know how many of the 'Current' Generation people are really interested in 'Instrumental' Music, apart from 'Keyboard'.

Post Rahmans success there is a Tendency for the GenX to learn Keyboard rather than real instruments. (Not to pull down ARR, this is an observation of the state of affairs where the crowd goes behind Success/Trend. Keyboard Padicha ellam Rahman aayida mudiyuma enna?!!) The pathetic state can be obsereved in all music schools in TN. Even the music teachers reccommend 'Keyboard'.

PS:Even my son has joined a Keyboard class rather than learning a REAL Instrument. I had advised him to learn guitar/violin once he is through with the Basics of WCM. Lemme see

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now, with AR Rahman's KM Music Conservatory in place, one may hope the situation will only improve. It will be fitting that he is correcting the wrong he unintentionally did.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam

The underlying emotion of Raaja's question was to know how many of the 'Current' Generation people are really interested in 'Instrumental' Music, apart from 'Keyboard'.

even i am thinking the same. ofcourse Raja's speech made me to think about this. And what will be future of artists of natural music intruments and recognitions for them?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Genius IR...Why dont u release your symphony right now and call young people and play the parts and explain the beauty of the same.

What IR says about current day music and md's is like the middle class sitting at home and cribbing politics is dirt and the system has to be made proper..Go to musee musicals and please see how many people have passed guitar and piano grades....ask the landmark cashier how many western cds sell...they count has increased

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kameshratnam
    Genius IR...Why dont u release your symphony right now and call young people and play the parts and explain the beauty of the same.

What IR says about current day music and md's is like the middle class sitting at home and cribbing politics is dirt and the system has to be made proper..Go to musee musicals and please see how many people have passed guitar and piano grades....ask the landmark cashier how many western cds sell...they count has increased
    What is your point? even IR said the same in this interview directly or indirectly. Though his words are not clear in general IMO he wanted to say "please appreciate natural instrumentalists"