Page 123 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Story, Screenplay by Sri.Mullapudi, Music by Sri. Ilayaraja and Starred by Sri. Nandamuri Balakrishna as Rama and Nayanatara as Sita

Muhurtam at 11 am, Thursday , 30 th September 2010 near Nacharam in Ram Krishna Cine Studios

Sri Rama Rajyam is the movie name

production Sri Saibaba Movies

"Sri Rama Rajyam" being Directed by Sri Bapu

http://www.nandamurifans.com/forum/i...-opening-shot/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    my review of gaayam 2 (please buy original CDs)

1) Andaala Lokam
    this is a great song, and you are not a blessed person if you have not heard it still ...each second of this song is a blissfull musical outburst...not outburst, but blossom....its like each second, a musical flower is blossoming around your ears.....felt like i am sleeping in God's own lap...- raga Harikhambhodhi

2) Masakenakka
    a nice example of how to compose peppy number that is rooted in melody ...see how IR does not lose grip on the melody in this peppy number...great singing by the female voice Anitha...- raga Keeravani

3) Endhukamma Prema Prema
    If you felt similarities with Mudi Mudi of Pa, then its because of the scale probably...Sriram parthasarathy is the most promising singer of the younger generation...after 'ilangaathu veesudhae', this is another good work from him. - raga Mohanam

4) Eluthundru
    they dont make such social theme numbers anymore...there are no grey shades on today's music, only black and white...either it is sad or it is the happy songs...the 7 colors between white and black is forgotten....the 9 rasas (navarasam) between sad and happy is forgotten....BTW, this eluthundru is vakulabharanam raga while another number with the same tune, Rama Rajyam is Vakulabharanam + Ni3 for some added effect of pathos!

5) Kalagane
    great emotional singing by nam Isai Eesan ilaiyaraaja...so much impact the tune creates...even as i write this, the charanams play in my mind and i feel like going back and having another listen to this great number...didnt want to analyze this song, as i wanted to soak myself more of this melody before i dive into any analysis....putting the heart before the head

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vel

1) Andaala Lokam
    this is a great song, and you are not a blessed person if you have not heard it still ...each second of this song is a blissfull musical outburst...not outburst, but blossom....its like each second, a musical flower is blossoming around your ears.....felt like i am sleeping in God's own lap...- raga Harikhambhodhi

2) Masakenakka
    a nice example of how to compose peppy number that is rooted in melody ...see how IR does not lose grip on the melody in this peppy number...great singing by the female voice Anitha...- raga Keeravani

If you felt similarities with Mudi Mudi of Pa, then its because of the scale probably...Sriram parthasarathy is the most promising singer of the younger generation...after 'ilangaathu veesudhae', this is another good work from him. - raga Mohanam

4) Eluthundru
    they dont make such social theme numbers anymore...there are no grey shades on today's music, only black and white...either it is sad or it is the happy songs...the 7 colors between white and black is forgotten....the 9 rasas (navarasam) between sad and happy is forgotten....BTW, this eluthundru is vakulabharanam raga while another number with the same tune, Rama Rajyam is Vakulabharanam + Ni3 for some added effect of pathos!

5) Kalagane
    great emotional singing by nam Isai Eesan ilaiyaraaja...so much impact the tune creates...even as i write this, the charanams play in my mind and i feel like going back and having another listen to this great number...didnt want to analyze this song, as i wanted to soak myself more of this melody before i dive into any analysis....putting the heart before the head
    Andala Lokam rules! I loved Eluthundru,but finds a "Geetanjali" touch for this song..

Post Thanks / Like
    and of course just happened to read the itwofs review as well

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/09/...ugu-ilayaraja/

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Conversation...

Lot of readings here in TFM about IR not working with big guys, his Golu stuff etc. We just had a great Golu event at my home and ended the day with my usual ritual (of listening to IR melodies) and went into a conversation/dream/telepathy with maestro. I am sure many of you have had similar conversation, feel free to post them

I removed the usual vaanga, sowkya ma etc and the nandri, US vantha avasiyam veetukku vaanga etc at the end. So this is the core that may interest you.

NJV : Lot of your fans want more from you. We are concerned that you are not working with big producers/directors/actors and preferring small budget movies. Any reason for this?

IR : I dont diffferentiate between big and small producers/actors/directors. When they were small, they wanted me. Now they dont need me anymore. I didnt ask them to stop coming.

NJV : Then why dont u focus on more albums, like NBW, HTNI. You have lot to offer to the world.

IR : You see, I dont sit and create music. Music comes to me naturally and I write it down. I can not sit in a room to compose symphony. Symphony has to come to me naturally. It came to me when I went to Thiruvannamalai and the result is TIS.

NJV : Your songs now a days are not as refreshing as it used to be in 80s and even early 90s. Is this because the music sense changed or you are not getting enough inspirations.

IR : I have said that many times. I am glad that you recognize that my music is different than 80s. If I still do 80s music, you wont like it. Also, music now a days is like fastfood / popcorn. We can eat them once, but we cant eat every day. There is a difference between mothers food and fast food. The music now a days will affect our children.

NJV : Why cant you make music that on the outset are peppy and yummy and has the right frequency to direct the younger generation to the right path. This is like children expecting their mom to cook Pizza/Popcorn at home, so they get the taste, healthy ingrediants and the love. Can we expect Pizza from you.

IR : (with laugh), Pizza naan vaangi vena tharalaam, panna mudiyadhu.

NJV : Kadvulaala mudiyaathathu edhuvum illai. Pudhu raagam padaipathaale nanum iraivanennu neengathaan paadineenga. You can make anything.

IR : Atharkaana vaaipu vanthaal muyarchi pannuvom. Athai thavira nalla musicna yennanu sollara kadamai ungalukkum irukku. Rendu perum muyarchi pannalaam.

Note: I met IR in NJ during TIS time and all my preperations, questions etc went for a toss when I met him. He was kind enough to smile and take pic with me and I thought thats more than anything else in the world. I am sure I will pee on my pant if i see him again, but atleast I am brave enough in my dream

Sweet Dreams and may dreams come true (in this case!)
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_musing

1) Andaala Lokam

2) Masakenakka

4) Eluthundru

5) Kalagane
    Andala Lokam rules! I loved Eluthundru,but finds a "Geetanjali" touch for this song..
    raj, after all the euphoria settled down, 'kalagane' stuck with me as the winner. So much emotions and felt like listening to it plenty of times.....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_musing

1) Andaala Lokam

2) Masakenakka

4) Eluthundru

5) Kalagane
    raj, after all the euphoria settled down, 'kalagane' stuck with me as the winner. So much emotions and felt like listening to it plenty of times.....
    I agree!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Vel,

Need to listen to that song again. On first hearing,Andalokam was my pick...

Also a small digg:-
    Is anyone aware of the availability of Raja's Western classic album composed in sync with Mandolin Srinivas. This album is not available in Bangalore for sure...Am desperately looking for this for the past few months.

Thx
    R

Post Thanks / Like
    western classic? Are you refering to Mandolin srinivas plays ilaiyaraaja's classics? it is purely carnatic cmpositions. The CDs are not available anywher. But you can at best get it recorded from stores that are good in stocking raaja's rare pieces. I only hope Agi music re-masters this one and also plenty of others like vedic chanting...

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my CD of Mandolin U.Srinivas Play's "IlaiyaRaaja's Classics" from Nilashop (online)

http://www.nilashop.com/product_info...roducts_id=619
    Grey Matter Matters
    http://vigneshram.blogspot.com