Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Hybrid View

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the fact that Ajay and Atul GogawaLe are being discussed in a Tamil Film Music forum itself shows the 'taste' and standards and open-mindedness of this community. Show me one forum on Hindi music wherein people discuss other musicians and their music outside of Bollywood?

Having come from a jingle-composing background, and graduating to Marathi plays and TV serials, Ajay - Atul have created a unique sound and are slowly and steadily creating a place for themselves in film music. The award-winning Jogwa and Natrang (the cited songs in the above links are from these movies respectively) happened only after a lack-lustre debut and a not-so-happening 6 years! The duo deservedly bagged a National Award for music direction for the Marathi film Jogwa. Not many know that it was Ram Gopal Varma who gave them a break in cinema!

When I heard their devotional album many years ago, I was very curious to know who this duo was. My Marathi roommate said, "must be some Southie fellows... the music is so-Madrasi'! It was hardly getting any recognition at that time during Ganpati festival. It was probably too classy or too experimental. The album was 'Vishwa Vinayak' and the songs were rendered brilliantly by SPB and Shankar Mahadevan. The arrangement and orchestration was WCM-dominated and was awesome. This was I think re-released years later as Ganesha Symphonic Chant by another label (although sadly and not surprisingly I could not find the singers name in the album's credit)! There was very little information available on the composers then. I am glad they are now getting a lot of recognition outside of Maharashtra as well.

I am keen to know more about them, their overall exposure to music genres, their influences and inspirations.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVN View Post
    Well, the fact that Ajay and Atul GogawaLe are being discussed in a Tamil Film Music forum itself shows the 'taste' and standards and open-mindedness of this community. Show me one forum on Hindi music wherein people discuss other musicians and their music outside of Bollywood?

Having come from a jingle-composing background, and graduating to Marathi plays and TV serials, Ajay - Atul have created a unique sound and are slowly and steadily creating a place for themselves in film music. The award-winning Jogwa and Natrang (the cited songs in the above links are from these movies respectively) happened only after a lack-lustre debut and a not-so-happening 6 years! The duo deservedly bagged a National Award for music direction for the Marathi film Jogwa. Not many know that it was Ram Gopal Varma who gave them a break in cinema!

When I heard their devotional album many years ago, I was very curious to know who this duo was. My Marathi roommate said, "must be some Southie fellows... the music is so-Madrasi'! It was hardly getting any recognition at that time during Ganpati festival. It was probably too classy or too experimental. The album was 'Vishwa Vinayak' and the songs were rendered brilliantly by SPB and Shankar Mahadevan. The arrangement and orchestration was WCM-dominated and was awesome. This was I think re-released years later as Ganesha Symphonic Chant by another label (although sadly and not surprisingly I could not find the singers name in the album's credit)! There was very little information available on the composers then. I am glad they are now getting a lot of recognition outside of Maharashtra as well.

I am keen to know more about them, their overall exposure to music genres, their influences and inspirations.
    I believe this is the song you're reffering to.

Viruddh - Shree Ganeshay Dheemahi

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the full version, the notes are very similar to their own composition Tanha from Gayab

One is a bhajan and the other is a pathos song.

//end digression//

Post Thanks / Like