Page 218 of 250 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S,

There is a CD - MUSICAL RENDEZVOUS S.P.Balasubramaniam, by ORIENTAL RECORDS.

I bought it decades ago.

It has 14 songs, Cd doesn't say music directors details. Only songs and movie names.

This song mani osai.....naalum therindhavan is one of them.

yeah.... Dhool boys are very interesting.

IR-yahoo group fellows, Dhool/Tfmpage boys, MSVTIMES guys.

Vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 21st August 2011 at 09:16 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    So in a way 'Sreeramarajyam' is different in the sense Raja just decided that he will deliver what is expected by the people. That is one reason everyone is quite happy with 'Sreeramarajyam'. Our expectations have been fulfilled. And to be the contrarian, that is why I am a disappointed, though I am happy with all the songs. (Confusing people is what I do well )
    That's an interesting take. When I played the songs to my mom (in Coimbatore, where I'm spending this 3 day weekend, she offered a comment that seems to reflect what I felt, but did not articulate - that this is a very filmy soundtrack and departs from the conventional 'devotional' sound. For example, I don't think the overall soundtrack is something that may be played in temples - the sound is very cinema sound'ish - in fact most of the tracks have us going to Raja's older songs to look at similarities and cues here and there. That is quite different from how Keeravani may have approached this soundtrack - not saying one is better than the other, but Raja has always been known for Janaranjag'ization of other music forms that were perceived as rigid and rule-based...and from that perspective, he has a fabulous janaranjaga score for this mythological film.

The other persistent doubt, given that my carnatic music knowledge is zilch - what raaga is Sri Rama Lera based on? When it starts, the music gets into some Amirthavarshini, but then, the tune reminds me of (1) Idhazhil kadhai yezhudhum - Lalitha, (2) Rojavai thaalaattum thendral - Panthuvarali/Vasantha?, (3) Andhi mazhai pozhikiradhu - Vasantha? and (4) Raathiriyil pootthirukkum & Putham pudhu poo poothatho - Hamsanandi?. I tend to assume it is largely Hamsanandi, given my limited understanding, but would love to know the predominant raagam this song is based on.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again vinatha. I have read msvtimes forum only few times. As you said, very interesting to read their analysis.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome album! Soothing music to sad hearts! Inspiring music to curious ones!

I'll probably add this to my numerous CD collections of the great IR.

I hope the movie has been taken quite well too and this should set the trend for such movies in Tamil too. For instance, a movie on Arunagirinadhar (even a rehash of the old one) can be a great lesson to the young ones... I have been reading up on him and his life is just awe-inspiring and IR's music for his movie will be a delight.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Eventhough I am a regular leader of this forum this is my first post

Is it first time duet movies partnering with ilaiyaraja?

Chk this link
    http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...cle/69982.html

The story is again a cricket related.

--
    Guhan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karthik,

Yes, it is in that border of 'pure devotional' and 'film music'. As you said, the approach of someone like Keeravani may have been different but Raja to a large extent tends towards the more expected sound compared to his bhakthi albums, where he is even more radical. Having said that, I could see the songs having an impact on a larger audience, one of whom happens to be my wife She has not been too enamored by Raja's latest works but feels that this album is nice. And if you are a Telugu, you are bound to like it more due to the lyrics. So I personally see this album reaching out well, both due to the music and the lyrics.

Coming to 'Sree Rama Lera', I am also not sure on the raga. The shades of all the ragas you mention are present though I personally feel the Vasantha / Lalitha feel is more dominant than Hamsanandi. Whatever the ragam, this is one of the catchiest songs in the album and makes an immediate impact with the audience. Again both due to the lyrics and the tune.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its for the second time Guhanath. First was "Mayilu", which is complete, but yet to be released.

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    The comparisons that telugu websites are making is two-front. Could these songs better the ones scored for Sri Ramadasu and Annamayya - both scored by Keeravani with Nagarjuna in the lead and Raghavendra Rao behind the microphone. The second thing is more direct - do these songs compare anywhere to Lava Kusa scored by Ghantasala.

In my opinion - if there is one music director who can give his heart out other than IR, it has to be Keeravani. Given that Keeravani is a native telugu, I guess he will have upper hand as far as the lyrical melody is concerned. But when it comes to the range - there's no one to beat IR. That Raghavendra Rao is very commercial even in mythological movies has been proven without doubt.

I think the comparison with Lava Kusa is completely out of place - only similarity is that Bapu directed both the movies and the movie stars members from the Nandamuri clan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent review of Sri Rama Rajyam here

http://swarajhari.blogspot.com/2011/...ma-rajyam.html

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.sify.com/movies/ilayaraja...wlXIcdcdb.html
    Veteran director Bapu`s recent films were not so successful at Box-office, so when Sri Ramarajyam was announced, none in trade circles showed any interest.

Post the audio launch of the movie, Sri Ramarajyam has suddenly become the hot property in the trade circles.

The songs have become an instant hit. Maestro Ilayaraja's soothing and mellifluous tunes for mythological movie, Sri Ramarajyam, are being liked by everyone.

Ilayaraja's songs have helped the movie get huge publicity and has raised the expectations on the movie.

Out of the 14 songs, 5 songs from the album have become instant hits: 1. Jagadananda Kaaraka 2. Sita Simantham 3. Evadunnadu 4. Kalaya Nijama and 5.Gaali Ningi Neeru

When contacted, Aditya Music, which is marketing the audio CDs, informed us that audio sales are fantastic. "In the recent times, we have not witnessed such a huge demand for audio CDs," Aditya Music representative told us.