Page 157 of 401 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prasad subbu, Most of us here know about how sometimes IR heats up the speech! We are not saying his talk is error free. After all he is also a human being. But, the situations quoted here were misfit. and thatswhy i replied. At same time, I feel we shud not at all care about what he feels and does behind the walls. For that matter, we don;t know what happens behind the walls of other MDs too.

In a way, Kamesh and I share a same thought. Just Listen to his music and he happy only with it. But just that we disagree on the opinion about his personal character.

See, we are hardcore fans. We don;t want to agree Raja's mistakes( i mean only valid mistakes, not all incidents)even though we know that. THats why some of us say " First ethukku yaa anthaaLu kaila Mike kudukkureenga" we cannot get more open than this! InthaLavu kooda accept pannikkura nermai other fans kku irukkaa?!?

Personally, inspite of all the so called loose-talks and some real loose-talks and acts he had spoke and done, i still stick with my opinion.

Avaroda Nermaiyum nammoda Nermaiyum vera vera. Avaroda Nermai Neruppu ponrathu! We cannot see at all a person like him, even character wise, let alone the music.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad_subbu
    He also talked about ONV(some malayali song writer) on pazhazi raja function as if he could not write to his expectations or something.
    ayyA, neenga nallavarA kettavarA?

I don't want to get into this discussion about rAsA-humility-pEchchu-sudhanthiram etc.

However, I need to request you NOT to gossip without knowing the facts. Even the rAsA speech youtube was posted in this forum and let me summarize what rAsA told :

-ONV Kurup wrote the song keeping military march sandham in mind
    -I felt the song should match the agony of the King who had to leave his palace
    -So, while keeping the same 'military march' lyric, I did a melody that converted the 'military march poem' into a melancholic song

Where is anything here about ONV not writing according to expectations? Let's not put words into rAsA's mouth please.

ONV wrote according to what Hariharan, the director wanted. Raja painted additional shades to make it a different picture. End result was a grand 'Adhi ushus' song! The director fought for IR to get an award (though not for songs, the NA committee gave him for BGM). In the end, HH / ONV / IR all are happy and united.

Only Manorama mag & some foolish MY media / Ouseppachchan kind of kuLLa narikaL tried to stir up a controversy and tried to fish in kuLambiya kuttaiyil meen. All failed and rAsA is stil composing in MY (Sathyan Anthikkad, for e.g., is still loyal to him).

So, let's not throw in unfounded gossip in this forum to malign a great artist!
    Last edited by app_engine; 11th June 2012 at 01:13 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad_subbu View Post
    Yes. I have that doubt about ARR being humble. Can a person be really that humble after getting so much awards. He never appreciated IR music but for him being punctual and not having any bad habits. Only when he got oscar and returned, to avoid people talking, he appreciated IR's music and saying he would have got several oscars had his music being taken in right path. Not only that, when he was asked how he agreed to compose first movie Roja, he replied saying MR has a capacity of picturising beautifully even not so good songs.(Only IR did MR songs prior to that which indirectly says IR music is mediocre). So I have that doubt about ARR's humility. If he is really that humble God bless him. But God only knows it.
    தவறான புரிதல் ஐயா! அறுபதாண்டு நெடிய இந்திய இசையில் சிறந்தவற்றை சொல்லுங்கள் என ரபி பெர்னார்டு கேட்ட கேள்விக்கு ஹௌ டு நேம் இட் என்ற ராஜாவின் இசைத் தொகுப்பையும் குறிப்பிட்டு சொன்னவர். இது நடந்தது ஆஸ்கருக்கு முன்பு.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Paarthiban
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yaaaawn -- seriously folks. This discussion is getting very boring.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    ayyA, neenga nallavarA kettavarA?

I don't want to get into this discussion about rAsA-humility-pEchchu-sudhanthiram etc.

However, I need to request you NOT to gossip without knowing the facts. Even the rAsA speech youtube was posted in this forum and let me summarize what rAsA told :

-ONV Kurup wrote the song keeping military march sandham in mind
    -I felt the song should match the agony of the King who had to leave his palace
    -So, while keeping the same 'military march' lyric, I did a melody that converted the 'military march poem' into a melancholic song

Where is anything here about ONV not writing according to expectations? Let's not put words into rAsA's mouth please.

ONV wrote according to what Hariharan, the director wanted. Raja painted additional shades to make it a different picture. End result was a grand 'Adhi ushus' song! The director fought for IR to get an award (though not for songs, the NA committee gave him for BGM). In the end, HH / ONV / IR all are happy and united.

Only Manorama mag & some foolish MY media / Ouseppachchan kind of kuLLa narikaL tried to stir up a controversy and tried to fish in kuLambiya kuttaiyil meen. All failed and rAsA is stil composing in MY (Sathyan Anthikkad, for e.g., is still loyal to him).

So, let's not throw in unfounded gossip in this forum to malign a great artist!
    Theriyalai pa.

Sorry about misquoting as I did not hear his speech recently. But he said he have to send several tunes as ONV could not write for his original tune. Hariharan was going back and forth. This was there. I just now heard. ONV is a great achiever too and that is what spurred controversy.

IR just meant by that he thinks beyond director and song writer. That is what I meant. I think it is true IR does that in real. But telling that in common forum will show others in poor light. That is what I meant, but misquoted it as I did not hear this speech recently.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    தவறான புரிதல் ஐயா! அறுபதாண்டு நெடிய இந்திய இசையில் சிறந்தவற்றை சொல்லுங்கள் என ரபி பெர்னார்டு கேட்ட கேள்விக்கு ஹௌ டு நேம் இட் என்ற ராஜாவின் இசைத் தொகுப்பையும் குறிப்பிட்டு சொன்னவர். இது நடந்தது ஆஸ்கருக்கு முன்பு.
    I did not hear about it. If he said that, then I stand corrected. But it is true he said that he accepted Roja because of MR could portray average or not so good songs in a great way. This is there is one of our threads(I think Oscar Tamizhan thread. Again it may not be word to word, but something amounting to that)

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ut-ilaiyaraaja

Perarasu mentioned here is the same one who ditched out "classics" like Sivakasi, Thirupaachi??

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad_subbu View Post
    I did not hear about it. If he said that, then I stand corrected. But it is true he said that he accepted Roja because of MR could portray average or not so good songs in a great way. This is there is one of our threads(I think Oscar Tamizhan thread. Again it may not be word to word, but something amounting to that)
    When ordinary people like me can comment on 'mainA mainA mAman pudichcha mainA' (pagal nilavu, directed by MR) as a kuppai song, an excellent musician like ARR is totally justified in calling some IR songs as ordinary or or even as mOsam.

Absolutely nothing wrong in it. idhellAm oru vishayamE illai :=)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    // raja_fan,

What joke is that? About Oscars not being different from Padma Bushan. I am sure you know the difference and I don't want to explain that. //

No joke.
    For IR : Oscar, Padma Bushan are all the same..mere awards..

You have to look at the context.
    If IR goes all the way to praise ARR in a beautiful way ( really a beautiful way to praise a junior talent ) for Oscar, why can't he remain the same for Padma Bhushan ? Why suddenly "Why should I feel for somebody else ?" attitude ?
    Contradiction or mood shift or what ?

We are all worried that IR was not marketed well for his genius. But why do we deny that marketing should begin from himself. Marketing does not mean boasting or advertising. But at least he should not spoil his chances by speaking carelessly.

Some one brought ONV Kurup's matter. Even in that, IR was careless in what he wanted to convey.
    Ippadi pesi kondirundhaal, naam ivarudaiya talent innum popular aagavendiya alavukku aagavillaiye enru varutha pattu enna payan ? avarukku varuththam illai enbathu veru vishayam.