Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: IR concerts, TV shows and Interviews ...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed an interesting gesture when shreya was singing...After every line she jerks the mike out to the side stylishly...I was wondering why was she doing that...I then realized she was taking breath after every line and this was to avoid that "huuh.." kind of inhaling sound. You can find that sound when swarna sings her numbers.

Chitra after every line, jerks her head away from the mike ....SJ is the ONLY person i've seen who doesn't move a bit while singing...I remember watching SJ on tv. The song was "adiyE manam.." from neengaL kEttavai...I can't imagine what people like HH wud've acted if they were singing this number.

HH acted like a clown most of the time. Most of his improvizations ended up spoiling the songs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar, even PS and Uma Ramanan stand very still while singing. Chithra, I believe, acquired this habit somewhere in the middle. She wasn't doing this earlier. Also, her trademark smiles have lessened these days.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    K, yup my mistake...its S.P.Muthuraman.

thumburu, agree with you on Karthik & also the flute guy.

karthik_sa2, in the movie sindhu bhairavi, chitra completes "paadariyen" song with the pallavi (can I call it pallavi??) of "mari mari ninne" song, but in this stage version, she continued beyond that and sung the portions that Jesudas sung in the movie.

Vijayr, when Bhavadharini sang on stage, everyone missed something or the other BTW, how do I see the program on numtv.com? Although Shreya is my current favourite, Sadhana performed better than her in this stage performance. Agree with you there are good talent available from programs such as Sapthaswarangal. I have also seen some good performances in "Aaha paadalam" (compered by Mahati (she can be tested aswell) & the other guy) on Pothigai channel aswell. The format of this program is kept very simple.

Thumburu, agree with you on Karthik. He's my current favourite too.

Is mp3 of "Naan thedum Chevvanthipoo" available somewhere?

thanks,

Krishnan

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shreya started goofing up only after HH entered towards the end of the song...IMNSHO HH's whacky improvisations were highly incompetent...even otherwise he sucked big time...and by her own admission this was shreya's first tamil concert...so she did pass with flying colors...

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    //Yes, even I felt singers did not practise as much as the orchestra (why then would Shreya sing as "Thoduthey"). And again, Shreya jumping around and moving back forth seemed very unprofessional.//

well obviously...this concert was held at a relatively short notice and since the singers are not part of IR's troupe they do have other things to do, than spend 3 weeks rehearsing i assume..."competent" singers like HH screwed up songs which they have sung before and should be familiar with...shreya's goof up pales in comparison...

if you expect ppl to stand like statues and perform maybe you should go a WCM concert...

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thops, you got it all wrong. I never wanted singers to sing like statues. I have loved the styles of Usha Uthup, L.R.Eswari, SPB-Gangai Amaran combo and also the likes of SJ, PS, Chithra who sing very quietly. Where did Shreya fit here? Was she entertaing the crowd by moving back and forth? A big fan of Shreya you may be thops, but justifying every action of hers is totally unwarranted. People are entitled to their own opinions too.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In his eagerness to defend Shreya, Thops is unnecessarily bashing HH. HH's improvs-you might not have liked them but that doesnt mean he was incompetent.
    Shreya had obvious flaws. First concert, little time for preparation etc. are not valid excuses. Saadhana probably had the same time for preparation too and this is not the first time Shreya is singing tamil songs in her life either. She even wrote the word right as IR pointed out but sang it wrongly. So who is to blame here? And her jumping up and down wasnt because of any Usha Uthup style or anything like that but more a temporary thing when she started off at the wrong place and realized it almost instantaneously and that made her almost jump up a little and look at IR for approval.
    On the plus side, she has a good voice which I have already mentioned it earlier.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hai friends,Can anyone give me the link where I can hear/download the song "Naan Thedum Sevanthi povithu" from Dharmapathini

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    musicman

u can try coolgoose.com or mohankumars.com.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    // Was she entertaing the crowd by moving back and forth? //
    i may be missing something but how did her actions devalue the song...

//A big fan of Shreya you may be thops, but justifying every action of hers is totally unwarranted.//
    this is applicable to your comment about shreya's unprofessionalism too...there is no need to pick at every little thing either...

vijayr...my recommendation to ban hariharan was before i started defending shreya...HH was indeed incompetent...feel free to disagree...

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast