View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 120 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neethane En Ponvasantham - Sri Illayaraja=இசையின் ராஜா. A true composer indeed. Symphony makes love with Indian melody and plays along with it on the streets of bourbon. That's how I felt after listening to the album. Simply amazing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flipkart link does not work any more. Any idea?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bela Shinde has gotten the 'ள' right Her thin voice does not gel with Raaja's soul voice. ShreyaG or Chitra should have sung that. But whatASong

Post Thanks / Like
    Reviews started flowing in even before the album release

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...cle/85570.html

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t consider music director(s) “MD” as a benchmark, I consider songs as a benchmark and because a MD = A has delivered more hits compared to the other MDs = B, C, D, etc. then it’s automatic that B, C, D, etc. will be ignored! Unfair

A hit song is one which spreads like a virus and can be considered opium for the masses. Now we all have our different viewpoints and my definition of a hit song is something that gets all my senses engaged.

I think it is foolish to be biased to a specific MD because of their past hits. An unknown composer will only release a single in his lifetime and go in hibernation and if this song becomes a hit then it is the song that becomes the benchmark not the composer. Mediocre MDs will occasionally release that one life changing song but because their other material is usually lost somewhere in the ditches, the biased aficionado won’t give the mediocre MD’s song a chance! Unfair
    Word of mouth is the only hope mediocre MDs have but sometimes it’s too late as fanboys will start slating, meaning not having constructive criticisms but going on foul digressions.

To sum it up, MDs should not be considered Gold or Iron... it is songs that should be considered Gold or Iron.

Before coming to my take on NEPV, I would like to express where I stand with “Isaignani”. He has a Gold status because of his songs/hits but to be biased towards him is turning you to naivety. Open your ears and I’m not asking you let go of your favourite MD but there is beautiful songs pouring from every direction and because of ignorance certain gems are washed to the side.

For e.g. Ismail Darbar has landed in a blunder but most of his songs are very memorable even today therefore his songs are Gold and not him. Don’t judge a MD, judge their music... That’s all I’m saying!!!

First impressions of NEPV based on ignoring Raaja Saabs and GVMs previous material.

Vaanam Mella won’t even let me move an inch to the other songs, so is this Gold and the rest of the songs, Iron? When I heard this song, I was getting thoughts like no other song can beat this number in the album. After regaining consciousness, being calm and composed I moved to the next numbers.

I heard the album once and Vaanam Mella ascended the most. Thoughts on other songs at that time were:

Kaatrai Konjam – 2nd interlude is the sole highlight of the song.
    Yennodu Vaa Vaa – Song belongs to karthik IMO. Charanams have a gargantuan soothing impact. The shift between the 2nd interlude and 2nd charanam is a rollercoaster ride from the world of electronic rock to the orchestral world.
    Sattru Munbu – Couldn’t get to grips with this on first hearing but deep down felt there’s a dark horse nature in this song. The Anglo-Indian Voice modulation is something I’m a sucker of off late.
    Mudhal Murai – Was too dense for me to digest. Overshadowing orchestration!
    Pudikale Maamu – The already familiar interlude made me jump up with joy hehe Excluding the tipsy voice(s), the rest of the song had nothing going for it. Raaja Saab would’ve been apt from this song!
    Pengal Yendral – Seems like another dark horse. The part where Yuvan sings “Madhi ketta yen niram, manam nondha sonnadho. Mara nathai pol indhu, pen ival indrudhu.” Completely melted my heart. (Sorry for the typo)
    Saayndhu Saayndhu – Thought this will be favourite song but as always expectations create disappointments. Underwhelming on first hearing!

If this was Raaja Saabs debut and ignoring slow poison notion, it’s best to say it’s a mixed bag but because we have warmed up to Raaja Saab over the decades then I’ll also express my feelings as fanboy too.

There have been numerous teen/college flicks that we have grown up watching and listening too. What makes this different? Orchestration! We should consider ourselves very fortunate that Raaja Saab has gone full on with a grand orchestration for repeatedly tested script formula of college romance. Is it a life changing album for me? Yes, yes and yes!

2nd hearing is more than a punch in the face. Mudhal Murai becomes the most hummable song, followed by Saayndhu Saayndhu which is overwhelming with equally overwhelming interludes. The other songs engulf you; drench you with love and leaving you soaking on end. Raja turns the game around and delivers a complete rock ballad with Pengal yendral, which is unlike anything to come out of his repertoire. But I feel I still haven’t warmed up to Pudikale Maamu.

There’s nostalgia and there’s moderness too... The orchestral highs are enough to change sound of TFM.

After all, even Google translator accepts that “Isaignani” translates to “Ilaiyaraaja” and not “A man with great knowledge in music” because Ilaiyaraaja is an individual that is greater than a man with a great knowledge in music.

Happy listening

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster View Post
    You are right about it being a proper rock ballad. It is even more unremarkable when you consider the way he moulds the song. No matter what genre or instrument he uses, he has this composing technique which cannot be traced to anywhere but to only him.
    love the guitar work in that song.

Mudhal Murai is simply an outstanding composition. The electric guitar riffs (is it??) after each line in the pallavi is god awesome. Amazing rendition by Sunidhi.

Vaanam Mella is sounding heavenly, what a beautiful and soothing composition. This album is more addictive than I could have imagined, IR - GVM

Nice review there Sunil
    Last edited by rajkumarc; 1st September 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Bela Shinde has gotten the 'ள' right Her thin voice does not gel with Raaja's soul voice. ShreyaG or Chitra should have sung that. But whatASong
    There is a repeated portion on both the interludes which sounds so much like mella oornthu oornthu. Wonder how that song would have been if it had been recorded in London, or at least with a real piano instead of the synth.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    There is a repeated portion on both the interludes which sounds so much like mella oornthu oornthu. Wonder how that song would have been if it had been recorded in London, or at least with a real piano instead of the synth.
    FYI.. Nerd, ITunes also has it for download now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks layman10. Not sure if its just me, "I get request could not be completed, the item you have requested is not available" when I try to purchase the album. Will try after some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see f**king mp3 sites..somebody block them please