View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 181 of 247 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plumji,

I understand the feeling of IR fans. But my problem was with another line of Teja's. Let's leave it here,mate. No issues whatsoever.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ippO dhAn Filmfare awards video engEyO kANa kidaithadhu. Female playback singing awards mattum fast forward paNNi pArthEn.

Deivakuzhandhai got 3 for Kannada, Malayalam and Telugu. And even tamil, Sinna mayyi host-A andha programukku uzhaithadhunAla vengala kiNNam koduthurppAnga. What ay!

And kozhandhai in acceptance video: "3 pAttukku award kidaichAlum, jagadhanandha karaka dhAn en favourite"

Raja saar - indha kozhandhaikku chance kodukkAma ipdi oru high profile album pannalama?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poll

33 voters and 130 votes so far. This means a person voted for 4 options, averagely. What an album...!!!. I am yet to vote

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thumburu View Post
    I feel there is yuvan's hand in the making of "pengaL endrAl". Very much like a Yuvan song with rock flavor
    Common to deduce that way but the rhythm of the electric guitar and the subtle orchestration is sincerely thalaivar's. Most of yuvan's rock-styled songs are too close to popular rock bands with no distinguishable style and usually alienate the main melody. Besides thalaivar has experimented with rock in yaari gagi of bhajari bete, sing swing of moodupani and many pre-85 songs.Some of the movie club,disco and item numbers of that era that thalaivar composed had rock influences.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybhaskar
    IR fans feeling enakku puriyudhu
    IR fans feeling illai. ellA HC fans feelingum adhu dhAn. Maddy exhibhited the same not many days ago. varalARu miga mukkiyam

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster View Post
    Common to deduce that way but the rhythm of the electric guitar and the subtle orchestration is sincerely thalaivar's. Most of yuvan's rock-styled songs are too close to popular rock bands with no distinguishable style and usually alienate the main melody. Besides thalaivar has experimented with rock in yaari gagi of bhajari bete, sing swing of moodupani and many pre-85 songs.Some of the movie club,disco and item numbers of that era that thalaivar composed had rock influences.
    I am hearing Pengal Endral again and again and it just shows the true greatness of raja
    I read once when semmangudi said raja knows the essence of raagas like nobody else..
    And the way he has understood the metallic genre is incredible..(in hindsight he is the king of indian death metal..nan kadavul, thandavakone )

The drum patterns and guitars are on the mark for metal and he has cleverly reduced the intensity as people not used to it will feel too noisy..
    Even the ending wind sound is so metallic
    The drum/guitar pattern when yuvan sings "madhi ketta" reminds me of one of my favourite radiohead song

Its incredible that a a guy around 70 does this...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ashivanji View Post
    What Raja can do in a couple of minutes [composing tunes and writing scores] might take ARR weeks or more. So no comparisons there.

Let us take credits at the face value.
    Since when did writing music become a race I'm still not 100% about the face value notion. What seems so simple at first, ends up being so complex that unearthing becomes endless. However, are we here to enjoy or unearth? Both Raaja Saab and Rahman Ji always have enough scope in their material that enjoying and unearthing are equally satisfying. The bottom line is that, a Gold status of a song is achieved by the layers of a composition and IMO this sometimes contributes more importantly than the mainstay melody. Melody is "anything" and layering is "everything"!

Knowing the sad person I am, I had to go look up in the dictionary

Anything

any thing whatever : any such thing

Everything

all that exists; all that relates to the subject

Many songs have overlapping melodies e.g. raagams but it is the ambiance and additional instrumentation that gives a song its true UNIQUENESS

Sorry for getting carried away
    Last edited by littlemaster1982; 10th September 2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Ref: deleted quote.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dig//

Tagore and Einstein discussing music.

http://www.parrikar.org/essays/tagore-einstein/

EPIC

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaya TV has started playing teasers for the audio launch show with 'coming soon'.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    The bottom line is that, a Gold status of a song is achieved by the layers of a composition and IMO this sometimes contributes more importantly than the mainstay melody. Melody is "anything" and layering is "everything"!
    [/I][/SIZE]
    What?????

So you mean to say a melody cannot be without layering
    You cannot dissect music like that...everything is part of parcel of the whole..there are 1000s of great songs without any complex layering..

I think that is the perfect music..when it is whole..when you cannot dissect..when you cannot touch a note
    and that is why i guess Raja does it instantly rather than taking weeks and months of trying permutations and combinations...
    It is not to boast that he can do a song in a day where others take weeks and months..
    He wants music to happen rather than created..

That is why he has so many songs where we feel this cant be raja as it is bad...(music just didnt happen)
    Whereas others can give catchy songs after catchy songs because they always create and play all combinations and make sure it is decent enough

But the flip side is when "music happens" for raja it is timeless
    music like rasave unna nambi or thumbi vaa

.. u cannot touch it..improvise it..or change it..
    Music just happens and freezes