View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Hybrid View

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster View Post
    Common to deduce that way but the rhythm of the electric guitar and the subtle orchestration is sincerely thalaivar's. Most of yuvan's rock-styled songs are too close to popular rock bands with no distinguishable style and usually alienate the main melody. Besides thalaivar has experimented with rock in yaari gagi of bhajari bete, sing swing of moodupani and many pre-85 songs.Some of the movie club,disco and item numbers of that era that thalaivar composed had rock influences.
    IR experiment panna - adhu thani style. love it.
    ARR experiment panna - adhu innoru style. love it too.

I'm loving NEPV album... IR has done very well. There are moments from 80s & 90s.... but hey, IR shines as melody king. Loving it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kiru View Post
    In a particular genre/style I also feel IR has reached a peak. Others, have their own strengths and have more recognition and money. But if we confine the comparison to a particular style (indian melody+wcm orchestral backing) I have not heard better from any current/living or past MD.
    That said, the style in NEP predates IR ("indian film music" genre) and all those great MDs of yore have contributed to where IR is now. He is standing on the "shoulder of giants and looking big" now.

(@Plum.. point taken - a bit belatedly )
    Completely agree with you, indian melody+wcm orchestral backing - IR is the king & a giant. There is not a doubt.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brigs View Post
    Completely agree with you, indian melody+wcm orchestral backing - IR is the king & a giant. There is not a doubt.
    Also, in the category of non-engineered, ingenuous, written music, IR will win hands down......It is very difficult to emote one's self or others in written music, unless that music is of top class and construction with rich melody...IR is not doing music by playing an instrument and showing to the orchestra. He just thinks, probably emotes internally to himself, then starts writing music like a poet (as NAsser mentioned in Dhoni audio launch function about his experience in Avataram). Nobody today (I dont know about yester years) does in this way as IR does.

I agree that IR has walked on the paths created by some legends...that alone doesnt pay off. To command respect and control over a 2 generations of fans and professional, it requires a lot of talent...According to me IR can be simply called as "Tatshetran" as told in Gita....i.e. one who knows completely about his own body, mind and soul...
    I-aRmony!!

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MelHarmony View Post
    Also, in the category of non-engineered, ingenuous, written music, IR will win hands down......It is very difficult to emote one's self or others in written music, unless that music is of top class and construction with rich melody...IR is not doing music by playing an instrument and showing to the orchestra. He just thinks, probably emotes internally to himself, then starts writing music like a poet (as NAsser mentioned in Dhoni audio launch function about his experience in Avataram). Nobody today (I dont know about yester years) does in this way as IR does.

I agree that IR has walked on the paths created by some legends...that alone doesnt pay off. To command respect and control over a 2 generations of fans and professional, it requires a lot of talent...According to me IR can be simply called as "Tatshetran" as told in Gita....i.e. one who knows completely about his own body, mind and soul...
    Why is the process of creating music more important than the outcome?

And I don't worship - not even the so called God, let alone mere mortals. Just plan enjoyment of music no matter from where, who and how it comes from

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the process of creating music determines the outcome...
    The outcome manifests the whole process of creation..

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balachidam View Post
    I think the process of creating music determines the outcome...
    The outcome manifests the whole process of creation..
    Seriously, for a movie music? Once the music is created, it enters to the world of digital and plastic.

Over-analyzing kills the fun & that's my opinion.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, for a movie music? Once the music is created, it enters to the world of digital and plastic.

Over-analyzing kills the fun & that's my opinion.
    movie music ???
    Once the music is created, it enters to the world of digital and plastic

great then.....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because it is art, not science or programming. This is not coding, debugging, bug fixing, unit testing, integration testing and giving a final product. This is also how we differentiate between mortals and immortals, as simple as that. First of all there is no creation here according to Maestro, which I accept. It is already inside us which is brought out by Maestro. As we are listening a composition, we marvel his fascinating mind/brain how he is conceiving such an idea. This interest unintentionally asks us to explore more about his composing skills and style. When we come to know that it is all written by Maestro at that instinct in-front of the director, without he even hearing it by playing. Does it not surprise us? Does it not create a huge regards and respect towards his music? Does it say, it is THE pure and original form of music? Do we not feel proud that we are listening to pure and original music? Does it not take away any compromise with which we are listening to others? Do we not feel embarrassed if we come to know that music is shared among others when composing? That's why it is important to know all the aspects when listening to music (especially nowadays) not just the output to gauge a true composer. Otherwise, we are putting a "composer" tag to everyone, which takes the credibility of the term composer. Maestro is only true composer who depends only on himself when composing, which makes every listener of his music to have a big relief that we are listening only to the music given by him and him only. According to many of us here, this transparency is very very important. And mind you, I am saying all this for a serious music listener who takes music as an integral part of life, culture, tradition, purity and truth with which we also follow in our life. I hope you understand the sentiments.
    Last edited by V_S; 9th September 2012 at 08:40 AM.

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Because it is art, not science or programming. This is not coding, debugging, bug fixing, unit testing, integration testing and giving a final product. This is also how we differentiate between mortals and immortals, as simple as that. First of all there is no creation here according to Maestro, which I accept. It is already inside us which is brought out by Maestro. As we are listening a composition, we marvel his fascinating mind/brain how he is conceiving such an idea. This interest unintentionally asks us to explore more about his composing skills and style. When we come to know that it is all written by Maestro at that instinct in-front of the director, without he even hearing it by playing. Does it not surprise us? Does it not create a huge regards and respect towards his music? Does it say, it is THE pure and original form of music? Do we not feel proud that we are listening to pure and original music? Does it not take away any compromise with which we are listening to others? Do we not feel embarrassed if we come to know that music is shared among others when composing? That's why it is important to know all the aspects when listening to music (especially nowadays) not just the output to gauge a true composer. Otherwise, we are putting a "composer" tag to everyone, which takes the credibility of the term composer. Maestro is only true composer who depends only on himself when composing, which makes every listener of his music to have a big relief that we are listening only to the music given by him and him only. According to many of us here, this transparency is very very important. And mind you, I am saying all this for a serious music listener who takes music as an integral part of life, culture, tradition, purity and truth with which we also follow in our life. I hope you understand the sentiments.
    V_S,
    Music being a work of art - it shouldn't be discouraged by anything at all. Movie Avatar or Titanic uses computer graphics/tricks/gimmicks - do we have to get embarrassed because of it? Of course, theatrical drama is raw form just like music orchestration - but, Avatar and Titanic wouldn't be possible. There is creativity in each and every thing. Let's enjoy everything. One is not better than the other.
    Why should the listener be embarrassed of anything?

I purposefully avoided talking about your "composer" remark - which IR himself mentioned. That'll stir unnecessary debate.
    Last edited by brigs; 9th September 2012 at 10:11 AM.