View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 238 of 247 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    small digression:
    While I was re-watching the show. I saw Karthik, commenting that out of 3 songs he sang, 2 will stand for atleast 30 yrs in future. I guess the one he left out was the pudikalamamu which was my least favorite song.

The way he spoke showed his confidence. But at the same time I am surprised he said that quite bluntly. Maybe it is due to 1. slip up or 2. Over confidence and lack of humility. We all do slip up once in a while. But to say this at an early stage of career was bit surprising to me.

As an example, when GVM introduced Katrai konjam song, he said it was favorite among all good ones. That shows humility.
    Last edited by dochu; 30th September 2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo 'due' to 'do'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    haha! True! When he said 2 out of 3 songs will 'pass the timetest', it got me thinking too!
    These days, while regularly looping on the album, it's kaatrai konjam where I think his singing is the weakest, especially in the charanams where he doesn't hit the notes bang on - 'almost there, but not quite there' levels. The guy's surely talented; just a little lack of focus, maybe .

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    haha! True! When he said 2 out of 3 songs will 'pass the timetest', it got me thinking too!
    These days, while regularly looping on the album, it's kaatrai konjam where I think his singing is the weakest, especially in the charanams where he doesn't hit the notes bang on - 'almost there, but not quite there' levels. The guy's surely talented; just a little lack of focus, maybe .
    Karthik spoke his mind. There is nothing special about the second half of Pudikkala Maamu. The first half of Sooraj version is really rocking and the guitar prelude is really path breaking. But the song loses steam in the second half. May be second half of the song is situational and could be elevated by GVM's picturisation, but from the vocal stand point it won't stand the time test, IMHO.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said jaiganes. Yuvan is fabulous in both these songs. He is truely a youth ICON of Tamil Music, well deserved to be in this so called "YOUTH APPEAL" album. I know there are other singers, but why would Isaignani go elsewhere when there is already one in the household. Given the situation of two young lovers on a rainy day inside a car, Saindhu Saindhu needs a haunting (kaathalil sokki our kirakkathula) treatment and Yuvan/Ramya just delivered that. Yuvan has been continiously criticized for his singing, so was Isaiganani in his earlier days. Many use to complain that the songs rendered by Isaignani might have been much better with SPB or Yesudoss. But those songs stood the test of time due to the emotions and life injected into them by Isaignani's voice. We need to wait and see how Yuvan's songs will be listened 10 yrs from now.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MelHarmony View Post
    I feel the panchamam scale for all songs is not a surprise.
    I don't know whether that blogger means that way...I think he simply states that all songs end with a 'pA' note, which is kind of not a "calm ending" but "thokki niRkal". While such "thokki niRkal" ending is not unusual for some odd song here and there, such ending for ALL songs in a movie / album is unusual, according to the blogger (who ofcourse took the notes from our hubber skr).

So, it may not be stating that all songs are in the same scale (though I'm not knowledgeable to comment on scales / rAgams / swarams etc).

Per my ears, this is one phenomenal album by way of VARIETY

I can't help but drag my liquor post again

oru kambLeet liquor shop (comprising of all variety) in this album!

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding Karthik telling (only) 2 songs making it past decades -

ippadiyellAm manasil pattadhai sattunnu pEsuRadhai rAsA kitta irundhu indhappaiyan kaththukkittARO ennamo (chummA "show-humility" ellAm thEvai illainga)

BTW, did anyone view the "celebrities getting into the parking lot after the NEPV concert" youtube that I posted in this thread? Karthik-kkukku "andhap paraparappulayum oru kiLukiLuppu" happens..i.e. a wide-eyed female gets autograph from him )

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    @app,
    Agree he spoke his mind. But to be at an early career, and speaking bluntly, is a path to disaster. Imagine, with that attitude in a new job in an office. One would not last very long. IR can afford to be blunt as he is already on top of the peak.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^well, I don't agree on the policing part - as long as what one's saying is 'reasonably right', I don't find anything wrong in someone voicing his/her opinion and it needn't necessarily be judged by the person's experience. What got me thinking in this case was which two songs had the guy picked? I'd have been preening & peethifying had I composed/sung any of these three songs, especially pudikkala maamu for its crazy arrangements and twists & turns!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dochu View Post
    But to be at an early career
    Going by 'oLiyilE therivadhu dEvadhaiyA' date, andhappaiyan at least 10 varushamA field'la irukkAru

So, he's not all that newbie...

BTW, I told my super-boss "I can't come to work on a Sunday morning" when I was only six months old in my first job, fresh from college, and got away with it, in 1986

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, early?! He has been the undisputed #1 for over 10 years now. And with hundred thousand singers around, no mean achievement. Most preferred voice for IR/ARR/Yuvan/Harris.

He dint sing the rock portions and the veedhi patthaadhEy bit (though I immensely like) longer shelf-life irukkumaa? Especially comparing the heavyweight kaattrai konjam and the mass favorite ennOdu vaa. And he cleary can't *own* it, since he dint fully sing it.