Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Hybrid View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NormalMan View Post
    ... told the editor Lenin to edit several unnecessary scenes. This gave life to the movie, along with the theme music Thenpandi seemayilae. Had it not been for Ilayaraja and Lenin, the movie would have flopped.

Not sure about the validity of the producer's statements. But all I can say about the highlighted text above is - "ஆணித்தரமான உண்மை". The theme is still the face to the movie. I'm a big fan of Kamal; But sorry, I can't give this to him. IR is the real hero of this movie. IR, Kamal, PC, Balakumaran, Janakaraj and Mani - in that order.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/magazin...?homepage=true

When I read Kamal's version last week in THE HINDU, I felt pity for Mani Ratnam and Kamal.

But after reading Mukta's version, I feel this one is more believable than Kamal's. Just for the reason that it perfectly coincides with the popular complaints from producers on Kamal.
    We still remember how Thanu apparently cried after Alavandhan.
    And Rs.17,50,000 salary before 25 years !!! To imagine Rajni would have touched double of this that time...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan View Post
    When I read Kamal's version last week in THE HINDU, I felt pity for Mani Ratnam and Kamal.

But after reading Mukta's version, I feel this one is more believable than Kamal's. Just for the reason that it perfectly coincides with the popular complaints from producers on Kamal.
    And Rs.17,50,000 salary before 25 years !!! To imagine Rajni would have touched double of this that time...

raja_fan - naan Kamalukku vakkaalathhu vaangarathaa ninaikka venaam.

but, the same Kamal every producer seems to be complaining abt:

1. came to the rescue of Mahendran by helping him financially to complete the 'mullum malarum' shoot ! and that film happens to be one of the landmark films of 'you-know-who'!

2.has acted either without salary or very very meagre salary for 'Kalaignan' (Sivaji productions) as well as 'Singaravelan' (Paavalar Creations - IR's own production house)

why would a man - blamed for being 'selfish' and insensitive to others needs - do the above ??

and Dhanu has now done an andhar balti in a recent interview praising Kamal ! oru nilaiyyaaana karuthhu irukkanumaa vendaamaa ? 'yenakkum kamalukkum karuthhu verubaadu undu' appadeeennu strong aa ninnaaa, at least Dhanu oru kolgaya kadai pidippavarnu sollalaam - aanaa, samayam, sandharppam yethha madhiri, ippadi ujaala aavuradhu - sounds comical to me!

and as a HCIRF, I know the respect IR and Kamal have for each other ! this one interview need not be misinterpreted as something anti-IR - besides this BRangan has already irritated us by condescendingly putting down IR when he interviewed GVM !
    Last edited by irir123; 29th October 2012 at 07:45 PM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You only feel, don't apply ur brain and look keenly about what Mukta said. Read Kamal thread. I have posted many questions about Mukta's version.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    You only feel, don't apply ur brain and look keenly about what Mukta said. Read Kamal thread. I have posted many questions about Mukta's version.

Dhodaa...brain apply panrathukku moththa kuththagai eduthirukkaru paa ivaru..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dhodaa...brain apply panrathukku moththa kuththagai eduthirukkaru paa ivaru..
    ellaarukkum irukkurathu thaan. oru vishayam nnu vanthaa use panrathum pannaathathum avangavanga ishtam

My own brain how can i take kuthagai?!?
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv