newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

Could Illaiyaraja compose for Ravi/Anoushka Shankar, Guitarist John Williams and other Famed Performers? Could Illaiyaraja compose for Ravi/Anoushka Shankar, Guitarist John Williams and other Famed Performers?

Topic started by Maybe Indian film music is a glorious past! (@ spider-wm013.proxy.aol.com) on Thu Feb 11 00:07:24 EST 1999.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

I am wondering if it was possible for IR to work with famous world musicians? Isn't it more rewarding given that film production is on the decline (I am told not more than 200 films per year, one third of what was in the 70s and 80s) in Tamilnadu. In addition, Tamil pop is seeking to supplement the dearth of interest in film music. I think IR and KR can work together and produce exotic albums. In fact, we already have really well trained singers, like Anuradha Sriram.

Currently, what are the possibilities for IR to go break out of his current critical mass and be more available to a global audience?

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments