newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

Top 5 albums of IR in the 90s Top 5 albums of IR in the 90s

Topic started by Ravi (@ 24.199.100.175) on Thu Apr 17 19:00:34 EDT 2003.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Here are my picks for the five best albums that IR has composed for the 90s.

1)Gopura Vasalile - (*ing Karthik, Bhanupriya - director: Priyadarshan). Best album of IR, in my opinion, of the 90s. "Kaathal Kavithaigal" is the one of the best love duets that I have ever heard. Sung brilliantly by S.P. Bala and S. Janaki, this is the best song of the movie. "Nadhum ezhunthadadi" is another wonderful classical number. Infact, all the songs were just classic in their own right. Beautifully picturised by Priyadarshan and P.C. Sriram as well(especially "Kathal Kavithaigal"). The movie itself is outstanding. Look out for the beautiful BGM at the railway scene in the beginning.

2)Idhayam - (*ing Murali - director: Kathir) just under "Gopura Vasalile" but still an excellent piece of work. IR's BGM is where Idhayam really excels in. "Pottu Vaitha" sung masterfully by Yesudas is my pick.

3)Nadodi Thendral - (*ing Karthik, Ranjitha - director: Bharathiraja). IR's last score for Bharathiraja - and what a score it was. Songs are mesmerizing ("Maniye Manikuyile" is my pick for the best song)and BGM is absolutely terrific.

4)Dalapathi - (*ing Rajini, Mammooty - director: Mani Ratnam). IR's last score for Mani Ratnam - ditto. "Sundhari, Kannil Oru Seithi..." is my pick. BGM is also great.

5)Avatharam - (*ing Nasser - director: Nasser). Great, overlooked score. BGM is wonderful and the song "Thendral Vanthu Theendum.." is the one of the greatest songs that IR has ever composed.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments