newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

Your picks of ARR's top 10 songs Your picks of ARR's top 10 songs

Topic started by Rajiv (@ 63.210.219.184) on Fri Aug 2 13:30:15 EDT 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Alright guys, let me hear your list of ARR's top 10 songs in his career. Here are my picks -

1)Thenmerku Paruvakatru - (Karuthamma)- IMO, the best song ARR has ever produced. Unni Krishnan is fantastic.

2)Marghazi Poove - (May Maadham) - almost took the top slot but "Thenmerku.." was just a tad better.

3)Pudhu Vellai Mazhai - (Roja) - the song that made me a die-hard fan of ARR.

4)Pachai Kiligal Tholodu - (Indian) - Yesudas at his finest

5)Eechi Elumichi - (Taj Mahal) - one of ARR's most underrated songs, infact one of ARR's most underrated soundtracks.

6)En Veetu Thottathil - (Gentleman) - Is there any other singer in Tamil Nadu that is better than S.P. Bala?

7)Veerapandi Kotaiyilae - (Thiruda Thiruda) - the greatest song Mano has ever sung

8)Oru Naal - (Andhimandharai) - little-known gem of a song. ARR has given great music to Bharathiraja

9)July Matham - (Pudhiya Mugam) - S.P. Bala again, brilliant.

10)Rakhozi Rendum - (Uzhavan) - Yesudas - just phenomenal

*special mention to "Ennavale" - (Kadhalan)

Well, there are my picks. I know there are other great songs in ARR's like songs from "Kandukondain Kandukondain", "Alai Payuthey", etc., that were brilliant in its own right - but the ten that I have listed will probably always be my absolute favorites. I like to hear what you guys think.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments