View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    During all these 'not #1 commercially' years, IR had been mercurial with his BGM, considered unbeatable on that portion (which even HC fans of MSV-KVM will agree).

A non-starter called Vikram came into limelight after Sethu during these years. One of the key components for the success of Sethu was BGM as accepted by the industry. (songs are so-so from this movie). Bala went on to become a renowned director in TF, did a couple more movies with IR (pithA magan & nAn kadavuL, both won some NA)

Kamal directed two movies during the same "kOttai-illE-kodiyum-illE-period" of IR and both are critically acclaimed by movie connoisseurs. HR & Virumandi (both had hit songs / BGM)

During the same period we saw azhagi, launch of Thangar Bachan as director who went on to get some acclaim.

Then there was Bharathi...

I'm tired...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    a_e santhadi saakula sethu songsa pathan paathutteengalE . Sethu songs were big hits esp kana karunguyile which can be compared with today's myskin film kuthu songs (vala meenukkum, kaththala kannala). 90s IR period enakku romba nerukkam, so ethu hit ethu hit illainu enakku nallave theriyum.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, IR can not be compared to MSV because of this and that. But much of the opposition (from HCIR fans of course) to BR's blog was centered around this one point. If I got the pulse correctly, many HCIR fans took this as an insult of "current" IR - that's why there is so much opposition, not because of this and that.

IMHO, MSV is a great composer and so is IR. If in 1988 MSV out of "style", so is IR of 2012 (I think this is the point of friction between us). So IR of 2012 is very much worth comparing to 1988 MSV.

I am stopping here. I do not think we have a meeting point on this subject.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    genesis,

Great. Thank god for small mercies. I too stop because now I am sure you are very much awake and don't want to see anything other than what you imagine.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And BTW genesis, you have slyly moved away from doing one thing which I wanted you to do. Show me four incidents from 1986 which were equivalent to what I had written about Raja. You sidestepped it as I expected and came to generalities and accusing HCRIF etc. So I definitely do not intend continuing this conversation with you until you answer my question with examples.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    genesis,

Are you seriously reading what people write here. As I said in BR's blog I can only wake up people who are sleeping. I will try one more time with you.

The 'one solid reason' is what I gave. What people here have been saying is that MSV of 1986 (read my lips, MSV of 1986, hope you got it) cannot be compared to Raja of 2012. I think this is fairly simple to understand. I had given 4 examples on why this comparison does not work. So once again so that we all understand: It is not about comparing MSV and Raja generically. It is about comparing MSV of 1986 with Raja of 2012. And you yourself admit that Raja of today is capable of some great music!!!

KVM, by the way did a couple of good movies with Vishwanath till around 1982, after which Vishwanath shifted to Raja. KVM did give a few decent scores but by 1984, he was mostly out of the picture.
    @genesis - venumnaa oru point eduthu kudukkaren - KVM got to do "Swathi Kiranam" with KViswanath after Raaja _ KV's swarnakamalam - the songs were very good and I believe he even got a NA for that - kamaan tiger kamaan.. oops but it is not KVM we are talking abt - MSV - right? aiyyo point illaye - probably if we can include the "Nilave Malare" - Vijay's dad directed or Rajanadai *ing vijaykanth or "KoottuppuzhukkaL" which had the delightful "Niththam niththam " or another RC Sakthi film "Pathinippen" which had couple of nice melodies.... These were MSV hits during Raja Peak period ... We are HCIRF - allright - but we are not blind as you put it or a cult detached from reality and contemporary reality as Rangu dada puts it - I hope you have some civility in you to concede that..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    @genesis - venumnaa oru point eduthu kudukkaren - KVM got to do "Swathi Kiranam" with KViswanath after Raaja _ KV's swarnakamalam - the songs were very good and I believe he even got a NA for that - kamaan tiger kamaan.. oops but it is not KVM we are talking abt - MSV - right? aiyyo point illaye - probably if we can include the "Nilave Malare" - Vijay's dad directed or Rajanadai *ing vijaykanth or "KoottuppuzhukkaL" which had the delightful "Niththam niththam " or another RC Sakthi film "Pathinippen" which had couple of nice melodies.... These were MSV hits during Raja Peak period ... We are HCIRF - allright - but we are not blind as you put it or a cult detached from reality and contemporary reality as Rangu dada puts it - I hope you have some civility in you to concede that..
    I hate to include you in the HCIRF category, you are too moderate.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    I hate to include you in the HCIRF category, you are too moderate.
    idhu pirithaaLum soozhchi!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    ...out of "style", so is IR of 2012 ...
    Yesterday, I watched Paa on Netflix for a while.. Abhishek, Rani Mukherjee romancing to IR's tune. It did not feel out of style to me. And this thread is about the GVM movie and he did mention in the interview about the modernity (break beats, Jazz/Blues etc). (Even though I dont understand why Jazz and Blues are considered modern, They have been around for a long time).
    (@Suresh - I know your respect for MSV. Its just that people will try(and are) to twist/distort your words)
    (And BTW, I think Balki's collaboration with IR was an inspiration/vote of confidence for GVM to go to IR)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    July 1st audio illa pola .. just 1 week and we dont see any announcements .. seri, neenga innum konjam nalla sanda podunga , jolly ya iruku ... konjam personal a thittena innum swarasyama irukum )))))) JK ..

First time in 10 years , i see a new album of IR has created 35 pages , albeit with lot of weed posts