Page 114 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a 2 day gap. Friends on Jan 12th and Dheena on 14th IIRC.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    There was a 2 day gap. Friends on Jan 12th and Dheena on 14th IIRC.
    Yes.. Friends on Friday.. Dheena on Pongal day Rajesh&Thangam

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blade runner (1982) (director cut)

konjam blade dhaan.........expected a sci-fi but turned out to be a philosophical film
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Angaadi Theru

Watched it till the Soundarapandi-Selvarani episode. As I posted during the release, this was more touching and effective than the main plot.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    Blade runner (1982) (director cut)

konjam blade dhaan.........expected a sci-fi but turned out to be a philosophical film
    oh yeah - that was the deception required to get to the "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep" - The climax ranks among one of the
    best sci fi climaxes - Match that Mr.Nolan.
    And the ambiance and mis-en-scene - typical Philip Dick world meticulously recreated - only sections of Minority Report achieve the same level of success.
    A Must watch movie for all scifi fans and particularly Ridley Scott fans - The anti corporation tone we saw in Alien was a complete match here in this movie too.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched parts of Tintin yday on TV.
    Not bad I say. I didn't watch it in the theatres because I heard they changed and mixed stories a lot.
    Now I think I will watch it fully once.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    tintin was one of the most enjoyable movies of last year
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I heard the plot changes from my friends. Crab with Golden Claws, mixed with Unicorn, Sakharine made Rackham's descendent - and a mix and match of Unicorn and RRT. So was slightly skeptical. Yday I saw and it was quite engaging.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    oh yeah - that was the deception required to get to the "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep" - The climax ranks among one of the
    best sci fi climaxes - Match that Mr.Nolan.
    And the ambiance and mis-en-scene - typical Philip Dick world meticulously recreated - only sections of Minority Report achieve the same level of success.
    A Must watch movie for all scifi fans and particularly Ridley Scott fans - The anti corporation tone we saw in Alien was a complete match here in this movie too.
    yes, the line - "my emotions are like tears in the rain" and "you are supposed to be the good man" - though like a tamil movie dialogue, but was a bouncer given its from the machine ......infact i watched this movie because it topped 2001:A Space odyssey in most sci-fi movies list and esp the ones rated by scientists themselves.........yeah, it is indeed a cult classic for this genre - the director had built a convincing alternate world unlike the "similar to reality" blue world of Avatar.......the cramped up, dirty streets overflowing with people of chinese race was such a naughty point made by the director .......

i had problems with pacing of the movie, in the sense, it didnt ponder on the visuals for long enough to admire it......2001 was a classic case of "forget writing, just watch it" with its breathtaking visuals - BR didnt manage to do it......bourne series kinda action scenes occupied lot of space......but yea, it was layered much more than 2001 - whether the tyrell corporation had plan to replace humans wholly with replicants, was Deckard himself a replicant, what it takes to be human etc.....

it simply lacked the dazzle of 2001 like the space hostess walking around 360 degree to enter the astronauts room thats upside down - nenachhale pullarips.........maybe i started it with wrong perspective
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thiruthani - less said the better

Following the route of Ovvaru Figarum Thevai Machan. Oru figarukkaga 2 mani padam parthu tholachachu.

Sunaina sema hot intha padathula.
    Summa sollakoodathu Bharath Arnold'ukke aappu vaikkuraan. Gym body vachukittu ovvru rowdiyaiyum blade vachu trim panni azhikkuran.
    Vazhakkaa oru special punch dialogue irukkum padathila, aana intha padathula athu missing.

Thirupachi, Sivakasi, Thirupathi ok, but afterwards movies from perarasu have been poor.
    God bless all