newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

Paadagarin Sangathi Paadagarin Sangathi

Topic started by Udhaya (@ 205.218.142.217) on Mon Jun 14 15:44:48 EDT 1999.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

After reading some exciting exchanges in threads comparing Hariharan and TMS to SPB, I was wondering if classically trained singers and musicians in our DF could shed more light on singers and their unique signature sangathis. For example, a singer friend of mine frowned that SJ gave the same sangathi 3 or 4 times consecutively without opting for variations when she winds down the song "Panneeril nanaindha pookkal mella sirikka". On the other extreme I've heard the charge that Hariharan gives more sangathi than is needed in a song. Can you guys give examples of your favorite/irritating use of sangathis by singers so ignorants like myself can identify what each singer brings to a song?

An easier way to do this might be to take the same song sung by two different singers, but the discussion need not be limited to just comparing different singers singing the same song. Please do take into account singers of different eras and both male and female singers.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments